LAKELAND, Fla. — It's not every day you celebrate turning 101.
That's why Florence Emme's friends from a local Winn-Dixie store put together a special plan to help her celebrate.
The Lakeland Police Department shared the story on its Facebook page. It said Ms. Emme thought nobody would show up for her big day.
But, the folks from the grocery store where she has been a regular for years put together a drive-by parade for her. And, they asked Lakeland PD to lead the way past her house.
Her Winn-Dixie friends brought her cupcakes, balloons, flowers, stuffed animals and made her signs.
- Third stimulus check: House committees working to solidify COVID plan
- Police beg help, senators flee in chilling Trump trial video
- New study shows how high blood pressure can impact your brain
- WATCH: Hero officer Eugene Goodman warns Senator Romney away from mob
- Biden administration looking at domestic travel restrictions as COVID variant spreads: report
- Party with Lombardi: The Buccaneers' Super Bowl LV boat parade is one for the books
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter