Dozens of Walton High School students honored the girl known as Amazing Grace Thursday morning, releasing balloons outside the school in her memory.
Grace Bunke passed away over the weekend after a long battle with cancer. She would have turned 15 on Monday, but had been battling osteosarcoma, an aggressive bone cancer for more than two years.
PHOTOS: Friends, teachers, families rally for Amazing Grace
PHOTOS: Grace through the years
Amazing Grace: Sunday swim
Photos: Grace Bunke's incredible journey
MORE ON AMAZING GRACE
- Amazing Grace Bunke remembered for her courage
- 'You have been an inspiration' | Amazing Grace continues to touch lives even after passing
- Amazing Grace's life's mission to help others battling cancer lives on
- Amazing Grace Bunke passes away after brave battle
- Amazing Grace touching many lives, giving hope
- Amazing Grace's life's mission to help others battling cancer
- Teen makes brave decision to live life fully, despite illness