ATLANTA — Update: The debate was held Wednesday night, but not everyone has left town - here's what's happening with leading Democrats still in town on Thursday:
- Pete Buttigieg at the National Action Network Breakfast: Thursday, 9:15 a.m., at The Gathering Spot 384 Northyards Blvd. NW in Atlanta
- Stacey Abrams and Special Guests at Fair Fight Action Voter Purge Text and Phone Bank: Thursday, 10 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Ebenezer Baptist Church at 101 Jackson St. in Atlanta
- Bernie Sanders rally: Thursday, 12:30 p.m. at Kilgore Student Center Plaza at Morehouse College at 830 Westview Dr. SW in Atlanta
- Elizabeth Warren speech: Thursday, 6 p.m. at L.S. Epps Gymnasium at Clark Atlanta University at 650 Atlanta Student Movement Rd. in Atlanta
- Meet Andrew Yang fundraiser: Thursday, 6 p.m., at Georgia Beer Garden at 420 Edgewood Ave in Atlanta (event page lists address for Joystick Gamebar, it has been moved across the street to Georgia Beer Garden)
- Joe Biden meeting with mayors: Time and location not disclosed.
Original story below
The center of the political universe is in Atlanta Wednesday, where Tyler Perry Studios will host the fifth Democratic presidential debate.
While the debate is the big show in town, presidential contenders, political groups and activists are all descending on the city for the dozens of satellite events that will be held before, during and after the debate.
Here's a guide to what's going on this week in Atlanta:
This is, of course, the main attraction. Here are the basics:
- What: The fifth Democratic debate
- Who: Ten Democratic candidates, all of whom participated in the October debate
- Where: Tyler Perry Studios, Atlanta
- When: Wednesday, 9 p.m.-11 p.m.
- On TV: MSNBC
- Tickets: You could sign up on the Georgia Democratic Party website for a chance at tickets at one point, it's not clear however that they're still available through that route.
This was the toughest ticket in Atlanta since probably the Super Bowl, so chances are you're not going. There are plenty of watch parties, however.
The Democratic Party of Georgia is organizing official watch parties throughout the state. Events in the Atlanta area include (all start an hour before the debate at 8 p.m. on Wednesday night; all events can be signed up for at the Georgia Democrats website here):
- Atlanta: Official Democratic Party of Georgia 2020 Presidential Debate Watch Party (this event is sold out)
- Flowery Branch: Young Dems of Hall County Watch Party; 3602 Southand Dr.
- Covington: Newton Dems Presidential Debate Watch Party; 1182 Washington St. SW
- Acworth/Kennesaw: Presidential Debate Watch Party; 3338 Cobb Pkwy NW in Acworth
- Gilmer County: Gilmer Dems Presidential Debate Watch Party; Mountain Light Unitarian-Universalist Church, 2502 Tails Creek in Ellijay.
- Marietta: West Cobb Presidential Debate Watch Party; 2650 Dallas Hwy.
- Marietta: East Cobb/Cumberland Presidential Debate Watch Party; 2000 Powers Ferry Rd.
- Peachtree Corners: Gwinnett Presidential Debate Watch Party; 7160 Jimmy Carter Blvd.
- Fayetteville: Fayette Dems Presidential Debate Watch Party; 185 Kathi Ave.
- Athens: Athens-Clarke Dems Presidential Debate Watch Party; 125 N. Lumpkin St.
- Newnan: Coweta Dems Presidential Debate Watch Party; Private address, sign up for more details
Democrats aren't the only ones watching the debate, however. The Women for Trump Debate Watch Party in Cobb County is being held at the Cobb County Republican Headquarters at 799 Roswell St. NE in Marietta, and starts at 6:30 p.m.
There are also specific campaign watch parties that include:
- Joe Biden: Happening at Hudson Grille at 6317 Roswell Rd. NE in Sandy Springs and a private home in Atlanta (both volunteer organized)
- Elizabeth Warren: Happening at 656 Sports Bar & Grille at 656 Pryor St. SW in Atlanta and Georgia Beer Garden at 420 Edgewood Ave. SE in Atlanta (volunteer organized)
- Bernie Sanders: Happening at a private home in East Point and is at max capacity; another at a private home in Canton (both volunteer organized)
- Pete Buttigieg: Happening at Oz Pizza at 2805 Main St. in East Point.
- Kamala Harris: Happening at Hudson Grille at 6317 Roswell Rd. in Sandy Springs (volunteer organized)
- Amy Klobuchar: Happening at Hudson Grille at 6317 Roswell Rd. NE in Sandy Springs and Manny's Grant Park Pub in Atlanta (both volunteer organized)
- Andrew Yang: Happening at Georgia Beer Garden at 420 Edgewood Ave. SE in Atlanta (event page lists Manuel's Tavern at 602 North Highland Ave. NE, that is now an overflow location with the main event being held at Georgia Beer Garden)
- Tulsi Gabbard: Happening at Atlanta Music Project at 883 Dill Ave. SW in Atlanta.
- Tom Steyer: Happening at Boxcar at 1000 White St. SW in Atlanta
Other watch parties (not a comprehensive list):
- Black Voters Matter & New Georgia Project Action Fund: Happening at Atlanta Technical College at 1560 Metropolitan Pkwy. SW in Atlanta; starting at 6:30 p.m.
- Georgia STAND-UP and Black Youth Vote: Happening at 55th & Park Restaurant at 55 Park Place in Atlanta; starting at 8 p.m.
- SEIU: Happening at the Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport at 1325 Virginia Ave. in Atlanta; follows 6:30 p.m. rally at Lakewood-Fort McPherson Transit Station
If you can't make it to one of the (very many) watch parties, there are plenty of other events on hand this week.
(This is not a comprehensive list, email email@example.com if there are any events you wish to notify us of.)
- A Conversation with Mayor Pete Buttigieg: Monday, 5:45 p.m. at Morehouse College's Ray Charles Performing Arts Center; 900 West End Ave. SW in Atlanta (closed to the public)
- Tom Steyer at a lunch roundtable with African American Faith Leaders: Tuesday, 11:30 a.m. at Hyatt Regency Atlanta Room Embassy D at 265 Peachtree St. NE in Atlanta
- Tom Steyer Meet and Greet with Georgia Federation of Democratic Women: Tuesday, 5:30 p.m. at Greater Piney Grove Baptist Church at 1879 Glenwood Ave. in Atlanta
- MATH (Make America Think Harder) Class for the Andrew Yang campaign: Tuesday, 6:30 p.m. at Creatwood Tavern at 1090 Windy Hill Rd. SE in Smyrna
- Women for Trump "Empower Hour" with Kimberly Guilfoyle and Katrina Pierson: Tuesday, 6:30 p.m. at Heritage Sandy Springs Museum and Park at 6110 Blue Stone Rd. in Sandy Springs
- Revolutionary Party with Killer Mike and the Bernie Sanders campaign: Tuesday, 6:30 p.m., Suite Lounge at 375 Luckie St. NW in Atlanta
- Julian Castro joins Angela Rye for a one-on-one discussion: Tuesday, 7 p.m. at Paschal's at 180 Northside Dr. SW in Atlanta
- Team Joe Atlanta Debate Visibility for Joe Biden: Wedensday, 2 p.m. at the Lakewood-Fort McPherson Transit Station at 2020 Lee St. SW in Atlanta
There are a number of specific Democratic National Committee events going on this week around the debate:
- Roundtable with Stacey Abrams on Breaking Down Voter Suppression: Tuesday, 9:30 a.m.at Ohio River South at 115 MLK Jr. Dr. SW in Atlanta
- Cafecito Por Latina Equal Pay: Tuesday, 5:30 p.m. at Buenos Dias Cafe at 30 Decatur St. NE in Decatur
- Chop It Up - Georgia: Tuesday, 6 p.m. at Virgil's Gullah Kitchen and Bar at 3721 Main St. in College Park
- DNC Civic Engagement and Voter Protection Summit: Wednesday, 9:30 a.m. at The Gathering Spot at 384 Northyards Blvd. NW in Atlanta
MORE DEBATE HEADLINES