Early voting in Georgia’s nationally watched state and congressional elections begins Monday, but voters in some metro counties will find plenty of other questions facing them as well.
Statewide Democrats are being asked their opinion on whether the sale and distribution of bump stocks should be prohibited.
Members of both parties are also being asked on their positions on a variety of issues as well.
Georgia's primary is May 22, and Republicans and Democrats will decide on their candidates for governor, lieutenant governor, secretary of states and all of the state's congressional and statewide offices.
Here are some of the other questions voters will find, beginning Monday:
Clayton County Republican question
- Do the actions of national party members and leaders impact how you feel about the local political party?
- Are you in favor of exploring changing Georgia’s primary process to a Caucus?
- Is the current County Commission, which is all one-party Democrat, doing enough to attract businesses and jobs to Clayton County?
- Should the criminal justice system be reformed?
- In your experience has the “ Affordable Healthcare Act” ( also known as Obamacare) improved or impaired your access and experiences with healthcare services?
- Would you be willing to serve as a GOP precinct chairman or become involved in other Clayton County Republican Party activities as promoted on www.facebook.com/CCGARP?
Coweta County Republican questions
- Should public school teachers be permitted to carry their personal handgun on school ground if they hold a weapon license?
- Should GA offer Amazon more than $5 billion dollars in incentives to locate its second headquarters to Georgia?
Forsyth County Democratic Party questions
- Should Georgia amend the state constitution to legalize the use of cannabis/marijuana for those 21 years old and older, and allow a retail dispensary base, tax said products, and allocate revenue received equally to state education and transportation infrastructure.
- Should citizens convicted of a crime and served time in prison and are now on parole/probation have their right to vote restored?
- Should DACA recipients be granted a path to citizenship?
- Should more affordable housing be available in Forsyth County?
- Should Georgia have a non partisan redistricting committee whose purpose is to prevent gerrymandering which is a process that manipulates the boundaries of ( an electoral constituency) so as to favor one party or class?
- Are you aware that the fastest growing landfill in Georgia is located in Forsyth County along the Etowah River and Old Federal Rd, such that a growing area of Forsyth County is becoming impacted in terms of odor and groundwater pollution?