Absentee ballots are still being counted across the state. Also, those who cast a provisional ballot have until Friday to present acceptable identification to the county registrar for the vote to be counted toward the midterm election.
Georgia’s My Voter Page provides a way for absentee and early voters to check if their ballots have been accepted.
Here’s how to confirm if your absentee or early ballot has been recorded
1. First, visit the My Voter page here: https://www.mvp.sos.ga.gov/MVP
2. Enter your name, birth date and county. If you are a registered voter, you will see a screen like this:
3. Click on the text that says, “Click here for absentee ballot status.” If the text is light grey and not clickable -- your vote has not been accepted.
4. If you voted absentee or early, the link will be clickable and you'll see a pop-up window with the date and status of your early vote.
5. If your vote was not recorded, please screenshot the page and also report it to your county elections office.
Several candidates in tight races are encouraging those who are having issues with recorded votes or with validating their provisional ballot to contact their campaigns.
Stacey Abrams' campaign has gone as far to create a voter protection hotline.