Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms announced a team of 38 local officials, executives and entertainers to help her transition into office. She also announced her first appointment, Marva Lewis, as chief of staff.
Bottoms said she wants her team "to come with fresh ideas and recommend best practices and make sure we attract the best talent."
"This is just the start of the work we will do," she said.
She said in a release announcing the names that "I look forward to working with this thoughtful, committed and experienced group who I trust will help my Administration build a team focused on ensuring that all Atlantans can participate in our City’s growth and success.”
The list includes well known names in various Atlanta industries like rappers T.I. and Killer Mike. Co-Founder of the Ron Clark Academy, Ron Clark is on the team as is award winning director Kenny Leon.
CEOs of fortune 500 companies and local and national non-profits are also on the team.
Here is a list of Bottoms' transition team:
- David Abney, Chairman & CEO, UPS
- John Ahmann, Executive Director, Westside Future Fund
- Byron Amos, Atlanta Public Schools Board Member, District 2
- Claire Lewis “Yum” Arnold, CEO, Leapfrog Services
- Ed Bastian, CEO, Delta
- Randy Beall, Business Manager, Atlanta and North Georgia Building and Construction Trades
- Raphael Bostic, President & CEO, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta
- Matt Bronfman, CEO, Jamestown
- Cassius F. Butts, Former Obama Appointee and CEO, Capital Fortitude Business Advisors
- Senator Jason Carter, Partner, Bondurant Mixson & Elmore LLP
- Ron Clark, Founder, The Ron Clark Academy
- Shan Cooper, Chief Transformation Officer, WestRock
- David Cummings, CEO, Atlanta Ventures
- Mawuli Mel Davis, Attorney & Co-Founder, The Davis Bozeman Law Firm
- Rene Diaz, President & CEO, The Diaz Group
- Christopher R. Edwards, MD, Fellowship Trained Spine Surgeon, Atlanta Neuro Spine Institute, LLC
- David H. Eidson, President & CEO, Coxe Curry & Associates
- Sloane Evans, Vice President, Human Resources, Georgia Power Company
- Marty Flanagan, President & CEO, Invesco Ltd.
- Clifford “TI” Harris, Grammy Award Winning Rapper, Actor, Entrepreneur & Activist
- Virginia Hepner, Former Corporate Executive & Arts Leader
- Douglas J. Hertz, Chairman & CEO, United Distributors, Inc.
- Nancy Flake Johnson, President & CEO, Urban League of Greater Atlanta, Inc.
- Noel Khalil, Chairman & CEO, Columbia Ventures LLC
- Allegra Lawrence-Hardy, Founding Partner, Lawrence & Bundy LLC
- Kenny Leon, Tony Award Winning Director & Founder, True Colors Theatre Company
- Milton J. Little, Jr. President & CEO, United Way of Greater Atlanta
- Amol Naik, Director of Special Projects, MailChimp
- Keith T. Parker, President & CEO, Goodwill of North Georgia
- Beatriz Perez, Senior Vice President, Chief Public Affairs, Communications & Sustainability Officer, The Coca-Cola Company
- Cecil Phillips, Chairman & CEO, Place Properties
- Helen Smith Price, Vice President, Global Community Affairs, The Coca-Cola Company and President, The Coca-Cola Foundation
- Michael “Killer Mike” Render, Artist, Activist, & Businessman
- A.J. Robinson, President, Central Atlanta Progress, Inc./Atlanta Downtown Improvement District
- Bill Rogers, Chairman & CEO, SunTrust Banks, Inc.
- Dr. Catherine Ross, Professor of City Planning and Civil Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Carol Tomé, CFO & Executive Vice President, The Home Depot, Inc.
- Reverend Raphael G. Warnock, Senior Pastor, Ebenezer Baptist Church