ORLANDO, Fla. — The Walt Disney Co. says it plans to build a new regional campus in central Florida to house at least 2,000 professional employees who will be relocating from Southern California to work in digital technology, finance and product development.
In a letter to employees, a Disney official said Thursday that the move would allow creative and business teams to be better integrated.
The company already has a massive theme park resort, Walt Disney World, located just outside Orlando, Florida.
The workers who will be asked to relocate will likely be in the company's theme park division.
What other people are reading right now:
- Gov. DeSantis urges President Biden to help get internet access to Cuba
- 800 tons of dead sea life collected in St. Pete, mayor says
- Back in business: Stanley Cup officially on tour after having dent repaired
- Goliath grouper among Tampa Bay marine life casualties
- Money in the bank: Child tax credit dollars head to parents
- A Frank Conversation: New podcast explores race, religion, politics and more
►Breaking news and weather alerts: Get the free 10 Tampa Bay app
►Stay In the Know! Sign up now for the Brightside Blend Newsletter