Breaking News
More () »

#TamlaHorsford: Timeline of a mother's death

What happened on the final night of the 40-year-old's life?

Tamla Horsford died after attending an overnight house party in Forsyth County in November. 

While the Forysth County Sheriff's Office has closed the case and ruled the death as "accidental", social media chatter about the Horsford's death has persisted.

The following is a timeline of the events of the evening of November 3, 2018 and early morning of November 4, 2018 at a home off Woodlet Court.


Photos show Horsford smiling alongside several other woman at the house in Cumming.

A home security system logs the following time stamps:

11:30PM -- Two women leave the party.

November 4, 2018

1:47AM -- Another woman leaves. She's the last person to see Horsford alive.

1:49AM -- Backdoor opens

1:50AM -- Backdoor closes

1:57AM -- Backdoor opens

4:10AM -- One woman leaves to go to work

7:45AM -- Another woman leaves

8:30AM -- A couple leaves the home

8:45AM -- Horsford's body is discovered by a woman who lives at the home. She reports it to the homeowners.

8:59AM -- The homeowners call 911.

9:07AM -- The first officer arrives at the scene.


Horsford’s body was transported to the GBI medical examiner for an autopsy report following the initial crime scene investigation, according to Major Joe Perkins with the Forsyth County Sheriff’s Office.

►RELATED: Autopsy report offers glimpse into final moments of the mom found dead at party

Her death was investigated by the Forsyth County Major Crimes Unit and everyone at the home was interviewed.

Authorities later conclude that the death was caused by a fall from the deck and close the case.

“While the injuries sustained appeared to have been likely received in a fall, detectives awaited toxicology and medical examiner reports to verify the findings,” said Perkins, who added that all of the injuries on Horsford’s body were consistent with a fall. 

Horsford's toxicology report showed that she had the anti-anxiety drug Xanex in her system, along with marijuana. Her blood-alcohol level was .238, nearly three times the legal limit of .08 percent.  

Documents show that Horsford's sister told investigators that the family was going to have a second autopsy done outside of Georgia because there had been "too man inconsistencies" and they felt like "it's not being done properly with the findings thus far."

That feeling was echoed by Ralph Hernandez, an attorney for Horford's family.

"I'm not suggesting anything nefarious. I'm saying there's a tone for some of the concerns," Hernandez said. "The fact that there was an investigation into someone who accessed personal information who was very close to law enforcement."

In response to accusation and alleged threats posted against the party hosts online, an attorney representing the homeowners stated that everyone at the party was cooperative with police.

“At this time, each of the partygoers and their families have received death threats on various social media postings. The threats need to stop," a statement read. "This tragic accident is exactly that, an accident. It is unfortunate, sad, and unbelievably heartbreaking to her family and friends."

"However, certain very vocal friends and family members of Mrs. Horsford have been describing this accident as a 'murder.' Nothing can be farther from the truth."

Previous #TamlaHorsford stories:

RELATED: 911 audio released by authorities following Forsyth County mom's backyard death

RELATED: Tamla Horsford autopsy report offers glimpse into final moments of the mom found dead at party

RELATED: Accusations fly about mother's death at overnight party in Forsyth County

RELATED: Tamla Horsford family attorney: ‘There’s too many inconsistencies’

Before You Leave, Check This Out