ATLANTA -- Navigating Atlanta's traffic after the Interstate 85 fire and collapse will be tough for every commuter.
The Georgia Department of Transportation wants drivers to beware of the following closures due to the damage on I-85 after Thursday's fire and collapse.
- I-85 is closed from I-75/Brookwood split to the North Druid Hills Exit
- Motorists traveling northbound on I-85 from the southside of Atlanta will be diverted to northbound I-75 at Brookwood near 17th Street
- Motorists traveling southbound on I-85 north of Atlanta will be diverted to northbound on SR400
- Motorists traveling southbound on SR400 from north of Atlanta will be diverted at Sidney Marcus exit
- You cannot enter I-85 S after Spaghetti Junction. All entrance ramps to I-85 S between Chamblee Tucker and North Druid Hills are closed.
- The intersection at Lambert Drive and Manchester is closed.
GDOT created these maps to show the detours on I-85 and closures.
This map gives a closer look at the Piedmont Rd. detours because road is closed from Chersire Bridge to Sydney Marcus Blvd.