Atlanta is buzzing for the Hawks, and you can be sure that many of the city's bars will be packed out when the game starts at 8:30 p.m.
If you're thinking of heading out to watch the game, you've got plenty of options around the city. Here are some of the best:
- Hudson Grille: There's actually a few Hudson Grilles in the Atlanta area, but we're recommending the one Downtown just a short hop from State Farm Arena. It's livelier of course when the team is at home (Game 1 is in Milwaukee) but it's still a prime gathering spot for Hawks fans. Good food, extensive beer menu, lots of TVs.
- STATS Brewpub: This numbers-themed sports bar is, like Hudson Grille, a located Downtown within shouting distance of the CNN Center and the arena. Lots of table tops if you're looking for a place to go as a group.
- Hampton + Hudson: For the best game atmosphere in Inman Park, your best bet is usually Hampton + Hudson. This bar boasts some well-made pub food with extensive craft beer and cocktail offerings. Most importantly, it's got a projector setup for big games.
- Switz Sports Bar and Lounge: For wings, hookah and plenty of TVs, this is the place. It's tucked into Vine City on MLK Jr. Dr., within walking distance of the Atlanta University Center.
- 656 Sports Bar & Grille: Located in Mechanicsville on Pryor St., 656 has a big TV setup and choice food options, as well as VIP reservation options available.
- Woofs Sports Bar: Woofs bills itself as Atlanta's only gay sports bar, so what better place to watch the game during Pride Month? Woofs has a varied food menu, solid beer selection on tap and can be accessed right off the Buford Spring Connector in northeast Atlanta.
- Brewhouse Cafe: The Little 5 Points fixture is more classically known for being a soccer bar, and with Atlanta United playing at 7:30 p.m. tonight they may not be featuring the Hawks as prominently early on. Still, you ought to be able to find the Hawks on a few TVs in what's widely acknowledged as one of the city's best sports bars.
- McCray's Tavern: There's also a few McCray's locations in metro Atlanta, but for our purposes this is probably the best sports bar option in Midtown. Extensive wine and cocktail options, in addition to beer and a prime pub food menu.
- Taco Mac: You can find one just about anywhere in the north metro, with the original in Virginia Highlands remaining a beloved ATL sports bar. Taco Mac touches all the bases - beer, burgers, wings, TVs.
- The Battery: There's a bunch of options if you're over by the Braves stadium, from Punch Bowl Social to Yard House to Sports & Social - if you walk around the area, you won't have trouble picking out a spot.