ATLANTA — Because Atlanta’s baseball team is actually leading a postseason series for the first time since 2002, it’s reasonable to look ahead to the next step.
The Braves last appeared in the National League Championship (NLCS) series in ’01. The next NLCS is due to start Friday. The Braves would be in it if they beat the St. Louis Cardinals Monday or Wednesday in the National League Division Series (NLDS).
If the Braves have to play a fifth NLDS game against St. Louis, StubHub has two tickets described as “Sun Trust Club 4” listed at $3,000 each. There are upper level tickets also listed for as low as $61.65.
Tickets to the NLCS are already on sale. As of noon Monday, grandstand tickets at SunTrust Park on StubHub are available for as low as 78.41. It would be the first-ever NLCS game at SunTrust Park.
Conversely, 4 home-plate level tickets described as “Chairman Seat 26” are on sale for $2,995 each. StubHub had 27 other listings for tickets listed at $1,000 or higher for SunTrust park’s first NLCS game.
There are two disclaimers.
Number one: the “first” NLCS game at SunTrust Park could actually be the third game of the seven-game series. If the Los Angeles Dodgers get into the NLCS, the first two games of the series would be played at Dodger Stadium because LA had a better regular-season record than the Braves.
Number two: Fans buying tickets from Ticketmaster or StubHub for the NLCS would get refunds if the Braves lose to the Cardinals and don’t make it into the series.
So, compare the Braves prices above to games listed for other teams in the playoffs. Per StubHub as of midday Monday, it appears New York Yankees fans are most likely to pay top dollar for ALCS tickets. Houston Astros and Washington Nationals fans would also likely pay more than Braves fans for league championship series tickets.
From our Monday midday perusal of StubHub:
- NLCS game one at SunTrust Park, Cobb County Georgia: $78.41 low, $2,995 high
- NLCS game one at Nationals Park, Washington: $170 low (standing room), $5,000 high
- NLCS game one at Dodgers Stadium, Los Angeles: $68.25 low, $19,222 high (which appears to be an outlier; most other top-end seats are listed at less than $1,600).
- NLCS game one tickets at Busch Stadium, St. Louis: 99.96 low; $4,000 high
- ALCS game one at Yankee Stadium: $148.50 low, $6,860 high.
- ALCS game one at Target Field in Minneapolis: $101.44 low, $9,995 high (which appears to be an outlier; most other top-end seats are available in the $700-800 range.)
- ALCS game one at Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg, Florida: $153 low, $996.29 high
- ALCS game one at Minute Maid Park, Houston: $137.12 low, $5,850 high
MORE ON 11ALIVE.COM: