ATLANTA — After a two-game winning streak, the Atlanta Falcons fell Sunday to the Tampa Bay Bucs, bringing those lofty dreams everyone was starting to have back down to earth.
The offensive line looked sloppy -- nothing like the revitalized team that has been on the field for the past two weeks. They withered beneath a strong Tampa Bay defense.
What that also means is that the questions that had quieted down about head coach Dan Quinn's future will start to return to the minds of some.
While this week is a short week for the Falcons -- they play Thursday night against the very hungry NFC South division-leading New Orleans Saints -- the one advantage is that they will play at home.
All that being said, here's what other writers are saying on the heels of Sunday's game:
- Matt Ryan, Falcons blow golden chance to turn around season - Vaughn McClure, ESPN
- Buccaneers DT Vita Vea becomes heaviest player to score TD in NFL history - Lorenzo Reyes, USA Today
- Saints need win over Falcons to keep up in NFC - NBC Sports / Sunday Night Football
- Can Saints avoid another upset by Falcons? - NBC Sports / Football Night in America
- How Chris Godwin lifted the Bucks Sunday in Atlanta - Rick Stroud, Tampa Bay Times
- Bucs defense has not earned your trust. It should have your attention - John Romano, Tampa Bay Times
- Bucs' Jason Pierre-Paul has reason to believe 3-7 Tampa Bay still can reach playoffs - Eduardo A. Encina, Orlando Sentinel
- Takeaways: Julio Jones makes history, Buccaneers pass rush shines, more - Kasey Richardson, AtlantaFalcons.com
- For all intents and purposes, the Falcons' season is over - Matthew Tabeek, AtlantaFalcons.com
Despite the gloom and doom in that last article, the season may not be completely over. There is a glimmer of hope. But only a glimmer.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving turkey. Then get some dessert -- but not like this guy in Chicago. He snuck an ENTIRE pumpkin pie into the Giants-Bears game.
And he didn't share!
Just pull up a spot on the couch and watch the Saints-Falcons game with us right here on 11Alive Thursday night at 8:00.
We'll see you back here on Friday.
MORE ATLANTA FALCONS HEADLINES |