NEW ORLEANS — The Saints were in a bit of a slump, having lost two close games in a row to make their hold on the division lead somewhat tenuous.
They needed to get back into form, especially Drew Brees, who had struggled some coming back from several cracked ribs.
Friday, they outscored Minnesota with a devastating running game that included six touchdowns from Alvin Kamara.
Here's what some of the national writers had to say about the game and Kamara's performance.
- Kamara goes dashing through Minnesota defense - Mike Triplett, ESPN
- Kamara's six touchdowns lead Saints to NFC South title - Tyler Sullivan, CBS Sports
- Kamara first in 55 years to get 6 TDs in a game - Frank Schwab, Yahoo! Sports
- Kamara ties record in Saints rout - Associated Press
- Vikings coach slams defense after Saints score 52 - Ben Goessling, Star Tribune