With more than 100,000 people expected for Atlanta's biggest college football game in history this weekend, city officials will hold a news conference on Thursday about their preparations.
The National College Football Championship game will be played on Monday, Jan. 8, between UGA and Alabama, in Mercedes-Benz Stadium. But a full weekend of events are scheduled from Saturday through Monday.
New Atlanta Mayor Keisha Bottoms, Police Chief Erika Shields, Atlanta Fire Rescue Chief Joel Baker, and officials from the FBI, GBI and other law enforcement agencies and sports organizations will attend.
- How to get tickets for the national championship game
- Your guide to concerts, events surrounding the national championship game
- How much are tickets to the national championship game right now?
- Kendrick Lamar to provide free concert during national championship game halftime
- Chainsmokers, Darius Rucker headline college football championship weekend