DOUGLASVILLE, Ga. – A crowd turned out to get a glimpse of Georgia’s own Olympian, bobsledder Elana Meyers Taylor.
The city of Douglasville threw a welcome home celebration for the bobsledder at Arbor Place Mall Food Court on Monday.
Meyers Taylor won the silver medal in two-man women’s bobsled in PyeongChang. This silver medal was Meyers Taylor’s third career Olympic medal. She won a bronze in Vancouver and silver in Sochi.
From Governor Nathan Deal to Dawsonville locals, it was apparent by the crowd that gathered Monday to congratulate her, that her hometown is proud of their Olympian.
- Metro Atlanta's own Olympian Elana Meyers Taylor makes triumphant return home from PyeongChang
- 10 quick things to know about Georgia bobsledder Elana Meyers Taylor
- Elana Meyers Taylor pushes through Achilles heel pain to win silver
- Meyers Taylor thrilled with winning ElanaDespite wanting gold, 2nd silver medal
- Georgia's Elana Meyers Taylor gets third Olympic medal in bobsled