ATLANTA — It's been raining all morning around Atlanta, soaking the roads and even causing flooding in some areas, which of course means one thing - traffic.
Accidents have been reported throughout the metro, and the 11Alive Thunder Truck found one at Peachtree Road and Piedmont Road in Buckhead.
Here's some of what's popping up this morning:
- US-78 Westbound is backed up a long ways with an accident blocking a lane at Stone Mountain Park.
- An accident is backing up I-285 East at the Cobb Cloverleaf, making things slow as far back as South Atlanta Road on the eastside Perimeter. On the other side of the Cloverleaf, I-285 East is crawling almost the entire way to GA-400, with an accident reported at Roswell Road.
- I-75 North approaching the Cloverleaf is also slow.
- Things are backed up going down I-575 South from Woodstock, with an accident reported near Shallowford Road.
- I-75 South is blocked up further north with two left lanes closed after a six-car wreck at Chastain Road.
- Flooding was reported on Crest Valley Drive in Atlanta, closing it in both directions from Powers Ferry Road to Northside Drive.
- Traffic is slow along most of the eastside Perimeter on I-285 North, from US-78 to Glenwood Road in DeKalb County. An accident was reported near Covington Highway.
- I-285 South to the south of I-85 is slow with an accident blocking a lane at Henderson Road, as well.
- On the opposite end of things on the westside Perimeter, a broken-down tractor-trailer is blocking the shoulder and slowing things down on I-285 South at Cascade Road. Things are backed up as far as Benjamin E. Mays Drive.
- I-75 South is backing up with volume through the Downtown Connector, with things slow as far back as Northside Drive, where an accident was reported in the area.
Refresh for updates as we track the traffic around the metro this morning.