ATLANTA — It\'s been raining steadily since yesterday afternoon in the Atlanta metro, and that brings with it wet roads - and you know what that brings.
Wrecks are adding up around the area, with the east and west side of the Perimeter seeing the worst of it.
Here's what you need to know for your morning commute here on Tuesday - and apologies in advance if you live in Conyers:
- I-20 West is barely moving coming in from Conyers thanks to a wreck at Sigman Road that has closed two of three lanes.And once you get past that? There's anothe wreck before you reach I-285, with two of four lanes blocked at Wesley Chapel Road. 11Alive Traffic Tracker Crash Clark recommends Covington Highway as your best alternative.
- Hopping over to the west side, a six-vehicle wreck on I-285 North just beyond I-20 at Hollowell Parkway is backing things up in one direction - and then a wreck just before I-285 on I-20 East is backing things up in another direction.
- Making matters worst on the East Expressway, two lanes are blocked further down I-20 East after a wreck appearing to involve two cars at MLK Drive.
- If you're in west Atlanta, flooding has also been reported on State Route 139 and is affecting it in both directions at Lynhurst Drive. Steer clear of that area if you can.
- A small wreck was reported on I-78/85 North at the south end of the Downtown Connector just past I-20, slowing things a little around the Grady Curve.
Stick with us as we bring you traffic conditions throughout the morning.