Tracking storms moving through overnight. These storms are weakening as they move in from Tennessee, but still could have some lightning and strong winds at times. A few storms will linger into the morning hours Saturday.

Round 2 comes in Saturday afternoon. That brings a 50% chance of showers and thunderstorms Right now it looks like the threats will mainly be heavy rain, frequent lightning, strong winds and hail possible. A few of our models are also beginning to show less coverage of storm activity on Saturday, too. Bottom line is, the potential is there for strong storms to occur. At the same time, we expect these storms will weaken. The timing is really tricky as to exactly when that weakening trend will take place. Prepare for the potential for strong storms, while at the same time, don't be surprised if they fizzle out. This is a very difficult forecast to pinpoint.

More News

Next Story

Not Available

Just For You

Not Available

Trending

Not Available

Sunday's rain chances return to 30% with highs in the upper 80s. We will hold on to a 30% chance for showers on Monday. We go back to a 40% chance Tuesday thru Thursday. Highs will hold in the 80s.

UPLOAD | Send us your weather pictures here

Download the FREE app now in the iTunes store or on Google Play.

POWER OUTAGES CHECK | Georgia Power customers, check here. Georgia EMC customers check here.