On Tuesday, March 21, a select few Georgia voters will head to the polls on Election Day to cast ballots in several local races.
Early voting is already underway for many of the races, one of which is the race that will decide the next Clayton County Sheriff.
An interim sheriff - who is also on the ballot - was named to the law enforcement position to finish out the term of embattled longtime Sheriff Victor Hill, who was convicted and sentenced on federal abuse charges for ordering inmates to be held in restraint chairs for hours with no apparent provocation. Four other candidates will vie for the seat on Election Day.
Other races in Clayton County are also up for a vote, including the seat for Jonesboro mayor and the seat that represents the metro Atlanta county in the Georgia state house.
Also, residents in the newly-created City of Mableton will head to the polls to vote the city's first-ever mayor into office and elect its first group of six council members.
11Alive will be following the election results as they come in on Election night, and winners of each race will be listed below.
Results updated every 2 minutes or less (some races may update less frequently).
CLAYTON COUNTY SHERIFFPrecincts: 70 / 70 (100% reporting)
STATE HOUSE DISTRICT 75Precincts: 14 / 14 (100% reporting)
MABLETON MAYORPrecincts: 15 / 15 (100% reporting)
JONESBORO MAYORPrecincts: 1 / 1 (100% reporting)
- 'I am going to work hard for all' | LaGrange makes history after voters elect first Black mayor into office
- Mableton mayoral candidates talk about their platforms as runoff approaches
- Mableton's first-ever mayor's race projected to go to runoff
- Clayton County voters talk about what they're looking for in a new sheriff
- Clayton County sheriff's race projected to head to runoff
- Metro Atlanta county & municipal elections on March 21 | Results
- Election held for Mableton's first-ever mayor, city council
- Metro Atlanta county & municipal elections on March 21 | Everything you need to know
- When do polls close today for county and municipal elections?
- He served the office for 2 decades. Now he's coming out of retirement to try to become Clayton County sheriff.