The holiday season is in full swing and so are your family gatherings!
Prep for your next big breakfast with a Christmas casserole recipe from Chef Mali and a seasonal cocktail!
Straight from Mali:
This Christmas Breakfast Casserole, which can be made up to 24 hours in advance, is perfect for an easy and satisfying Christmas morning meal.
Feel free to experiment by adding in your favorite seasonings and veggies.
Serves 6 as a main dish!
6 slices Turkey bacon, cut into strips about 1/2-inch wide
1/4 cup large yellow onion, peeled and diced
1/2 red bell pepper and one half green pepper, cleaned out and diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup tomatoes, chopped
2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
8 large eggs
1 cup 1% milk
1 teaspoon fresh-cracked black pepper
1 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3 cups frozen diced potatoes, unthawed
1. Heat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 13x9" baking dish with baking spray or olive oil.
2. Put the bacon slices in a large skillet and turn the heat on to medium. Cook the bacon, stirring occasionally, until it is crisp.
3. Add the onion, red & yellow bell pepper, garlic and 1 teaspoon of salt, and cook over medium heat until all the vegetables are fragrant and soft — about 5 more minutes. Turn off the heat and let cool slightly.
4. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs thoroughly and whisk in the milk. Whisk in the remaining teaspoon of salt, and the black pepper. Stir in the cheese, frozen potatoes, and the bacon and vegetables from the skillet.
5. Pour entire mixture into the prepared baking dish. (At this point the casserole can be covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.)
6. Bake casserole for 40 minutes, or until the eggs are firm and the top is slightly golden. Knife inserted in the center should come out clean. Serve immediately with fruit and rolls or toast.
- 2 parts Cruzan Aged Light Rum
- 1 part Pineapple Juice
- 1 part Cranberry Juice
1. In a pitcher, combine ingredients & stir.
2. Pour over glasses of ice garnished with fresh pineapple chunks and fresh cranberries for a festive touch.
3. Cheers! Enjoy responsibly!