Thousands of people marched in downtown Atlanta on Saturday night in an anti-hate demonstration.

Protesters began gathering in Centennial Park shortly before 6 pm, and then began marching around 7 pm to the Martin Luther King Jr. national memorial site.

"I think the dislike of Nazis and White Supremacists is a pretty universal issue," said Janel Green with the Georgia Alliance for Social Justice, one of the organizing groups.

Protesters originally met at the park with signs against neo-Nazis, the "alt-right" and President Donald Trump.

"I went to high school in Douglas County and there were Klan rallies," said Tiffany Roberts. "I think what happened it's they're now very visible. And I think a lot of white supremacists have been emboldened about their views."

As the march went down Marietta street many more protesters joined in, including some tourists from Dallas, Tx.

"We didn't know this was going on, but we support it," said one woman.

The march ended just after 8 pm when marchers reached the King Center. They came together once more but this time, instead of feeling the fear many spoke about earlier in the evening. This time, they spoke about hope.

"They talk about alt-right and white supremacist groups and their nubmers are always very small," Green said. "This is truly what Georgia and truly what America looks like."

PHOTOS: Anti-hate rally Saturday night in downtown

Last weekend, Atlanta was the site of two straight days of marches and protests after one woman was killed and dozens of others were injured during a violent clash between white nationalists and counter-protesters in Charlottesville, Va.

RELATED | Atlanta's Peace Monument defaced during anti-hate march

On Saturday, according to USA Today, thousands of anti-racist protesters marched through downtown Boston, prevented conservative activists from mounting a "Free Speech Rally" in the aftermath of deadly clashes last week in Virginia.

Only a handful of rally-goers, some wearing red "Make America Great Again" Trump caps, appeared to navigate their way through waves of marchers pouring into the Boston Common area, where the "Boston Free Speech" event was planned.

One of the planned speakers of the conservative activist rally said the event “fell apart.”

At 1:30 p.m., about 90 minutes after the rally had been set to begin, the Boston Police Department tweeted that the "Free Speech" rally was "officially over" and the demonstrators had left the Common.

According to NBC, at least 10 people were arrested.