Television host, author and legendary foodie Alton Brown is looking for a metro Atlanta-based associate digital video producer as part of a reboot of the television series that put him on the map.
The position is for BrainFood Industries, his company producing content for his website along with some content for the upcoming reboot of the television series Good Eats.
These days, Brown presides over competitors and champions alike on Food Network's Cutthroat Kitchen and Iron Chef Gauntlet. His original Good Eats premiered in 1999 and quickly became a staple of Food Network.
PHOTO | Tasting tour of SunTrust Park
In the original series, Brown not only looked at familiar dishes, he looked at the details of how and why the dishes came together the way they did.
He took advantage of various types of multi-tasking cooking tools, noting that many were inexpensive and easy to obtain. Fans found themselves engaged by Brown's affable, engaging style, which made the dishes accessible to the average home cook.
The position being advertised will be asked to contribute original story ideas as well as write, produce and edit video content that will be published across multiple distribution platforms, including social media and web. While social and digital will be their first priority, some editing duties may even include the televised reboot.
Are you interested in the position? Take a look at the job listing below and submit the requested information to the email address listed.
Associate Digital Video Producer (ADVP)
LOCATION: Atlanta area-based
Shoot and edit high-quality video content for digital/social media distribution for BrainFood Industries. Job includes all phases of production and post-production including graphics and audio finishing. The ADVP will be called upon to contribute original story ideas, write, produce and edit video content to be published across multiple platforms.
Work to create a wide range of video content for social media, website, as well as shooting and editing behind-the-scenes footage during production of Good Eats reboot. Editing duties could extend to reboot, though social and digital will always be first priority.
Candidate must have:
– 5+ years of experience as a video producer/ editor or similar experience
– Strong writing, video editing and overall creative skills.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
– Candidate must also be proficient in Adobe-based post systems and be willing to learn Avid systems.
– Ability to take feedback and incorporate it quickly
– Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to set priorities, work on multiple projects at once and meet deadlines
– Proficiency with DSLR cameras and sound and lighting equipment required
– Have excellent time management skills and be able to work independently with limited supervision
– He/she must become proficient with operation and upkeep of BrainFood camera assets
– Attend relevant conferences and provide feedback to crew on what you’ve learned
– Ability to deliver polished videos on deadline
– Expected to be on top of the trending (food) news stories
Please email resume and samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org